Sunday, August 26, 2007

Backfilling

Before we backfilled, Frugaldad painted tar on the outside of all the walls. What a hunk!For about half a day we had both crews, concrete and excavation, working at the same time. our excavation contractor was really anxious to get the house supported by dirt again.

Starting to fill in the hole

There had to be a way to smooth out the basement floor, and backfill the void between the house and the addition.


May I present The Flying Skidsteer!






Jose dropped the gas can and a shovel in the window well, so he and Greg lifted Miguel by the legs and retrieved the stuff.

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

So creative, getting things that dropped and smoothing out the floor :).

Anonymous said...

Cement always amazes me! I confess...I love the smell of wet cement. What a lot of work, but it is starting to look like a real room! I'm so excited for you!!
Why did you start during canning season??? ;)
Lisa

Life ticks on said...

UPDATE! Hahah... I want to see new pictures...